Monday, July 6, 2009

Today (July 7th) is CHOCOLATE DAY!

I've been waiting all year for this day to finally arrive, like a wide-eyed little girl who's just been handed a really big present.

Chocolate Day is the perfect opportunity to eat you favorite chocolates in ample portions. Do you really need another excuse to over indulge with your favorite food treat?

Chocolate is America's favorite flavor. It's the flavor of choice in candies, ice cream, cakes, breakfast cereal, toppings, and a whole host of desserts. Unequaled in popularity, it certainly deserves a day in it's honor.

Did you know? Chocolate is a vegetable. It comes from the Cacao tree found in rain forests.

Now that I've bored you all with chocolate facts that I'm sure you already knew, here are some of my favorite chocolate pieces by extremely talented artists at Art Fire. You can click on the photos to take you directly to their Art Fire Stores.

How about these delicious looking Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies from Laura Lees Tasty Treats? OMG! I'm drooling already!














And how cute is this? Miniature Triple Layer Chocolate Cake from Kawaii Doll House Miniatures Shop:




















If only my daughters were still little (my youngest is now 23)!
Hootibee's has the absolute cutest bows, hats, and everything to make your your youngsters look dashing! I love this Chocolate Polka Dot Curly Q Bow!



















Wouldn't it be nice to have a chocolate in every room?
Well now you can, and you won't even gain a ounce! These Chocolate Chip Cookie Round Light Switches are for the serious chocolate lover! Decorate your whole house in chocolate!




















Mmmmm...how delectable! Chocolate Cake with Pink Frosting bracelet from Risky Beads. This bracelet is to die for! Love the vintage pink "frosting" beads!




















Ya know, Veterinarians will tell you that you should never give chocolate to a dog. I'm no vet, but I certainly have to disagree with that statement! I think every dog should be given chocolate. Specially when it's a Chocolate & Blue Floral Dog Harness from Spoiled Bratzwear Canine Couture!















Hey! No fair keeping all the chocolate to yourself! C'mon! Share it with a friend! It's easy to do with this "ChocoCult" Set of 5 Yummy Envelopes and Cards!




















I don't need to tell you what to do to celebrate this day, do I?

Eat (and buy) Chocolate! And don't forget to share it with your very best friend!


Uh... I was talking about me.

3 comments:

SiSi Sparkles said...

Oh gosh, love love love chocolate! :) Great features!

Jennifer {Studio JRU} said...

Thanks for sharing Chocolate Day with us and all these great 'chocolate' finds!!

SiSi Sparkles said...

Hey Fo Shizzle! You've won the 3 origami cards from my blog:) Can you please send me an email so I can get in touch with you? I wasn't able to locate your email addy.
origamibysisi@gmail.com

Post a Comment