Tuesday, September 22, 2009



I was tagged by Pink Clouds and Angels and BEBs Treasures

It's my turn to share ten facts about me and to tag 10 others to do the same. This is a great way to get to know about each other and further develop our friendships, even though most of them are long-distance.

So... without further a-do, here's 10 facts about me:

1) I'm married (for the third time) to a wonderful man who believes that I am the most important part of his life. It's a great quality in a man, I must admit. This is his third marriage as well. We both thought we would keep trying until we got it right. I'm pretty confident that we did this time. Larry and I met while playing darts in the local league, 14 years ago.

2) Together we have four adults (they hate being called children)- 3 women and 1 man, and three beautiful grandchildren ages 15, 2 and 6 months.

3) We were not wealthy growing up and made most of our own toys -- from cereal box guitars to cardboard canoes. We were forced to use our imaginations to keep us occupied (Imagination: something that has become lost with the invention of video games). I can't thank my parents enough for helping us embellish our creative minds.

4) I was as tall as my kindergarten teacher and reached my full height of 6 feet by the 7th grade. I am the second shortest in my family.

5) I've always been involved in the arts of some sort. I began playing the upright bass at the age of 7 and was playing professionally in a pub with a jazz group by the age of 14. My parents had to drive me to my gigs until I was old enough to drive myself. Even then, they had to chaperone me because I was too young to be in the pub. I was with that same jazz group for the next 30 years.

6) I have performed with many great musicians, including David Baker, Todd Coolman, Jon Faddis, Buddy Montgomery, Willard Dyson, John Patitucci, Rodney Franklin, Will Kennedy, Sarah Vaughan, Peter Horvath, Jeff Hamilton, Sheila E. and songwriter Paul Williams, just to name a few.

7) In 1996 I became a professional darts player, traveling the US and Canada for competition and representing Northern California -- and was inducted into the National Darts Hall of Fame in 2001. I was nationally ranked in the top 15 and world ranked in the top 30 at the height of my career.

8) Due to a severe shoulder injury, surgery and then re-injury, I had to retire from playing darts in 2007. Currently in my spare time, I bowl in two leagues and compete in local bowling tournaments.

9) I am a 18 year ovarian cancer survivor; however with the cure of cancer came the onset of Lupus. To date, there is no cure for Lupus.

10) I began my current hobby/career of making jewelry after searching online for magnetic bracelets for therapeutic purposes. After noticing that all that was offered looked dull, drab and virtually the same, I decided to make my own using colorfully painted magnetic beads. Several people in the building I work in noticed my bracelets and asked if I could make some for them. My business today has evolved from these requests.

OK, There's my 10 fun-filled facts! Now... what are yours?

1. Butterfly Crafts
2. Almondtree Designs
3. Bei Creations
4. Bijoux Designs For You
5. Blue Betty
6. Haffina Creations
7. Risky Beads
8. Silver River Jewelry
9. Jewelry By Fyfe
10. Huckleberry Arts

0 comments:

Post a Comment