Thursday, September 3, 2009

Those Amazing Sugar Scrubs!

I was watching a T.V. show last Wednesday (while babysitting my grandson) called "She's Crafty". While we don't have cable television, I'm not sure whether this is a nationally broadcast show or just something local; but nonetheless, it was quite entertaining.

The host of the show made several simple crafty things, such as an accordion-style photo album using 8-1/2x11 sheets of paper, a tea tray using a wooden-framed picture frame, some fabric and drawer pulls -- and she closed the show by making some wonderful sugar scrubs.

Now I've heard of sugar scrub before, but have never used any myself. But listening to her talk on and on about the wonderful effects these sugar scrubs had on her face and skin, and how people were telling her how much younger she looked after a few weeks of using it, I decided that yes...I wanted to look younger too.

I raced into the kitchen to get a piece of paper and pencil to write down exactly how to make this sugar scrub, and as I began writing down the ingredients, I realized that not only was it a very simple item to make, but I had all of the ingredients to make it too! :)

So off to the kitchen I went -- to make my first batch of sugar scrub.

The recipe called for 2 cups of sugar, 2TBSP. of extra virgin olive oil and enough Green Tea Tree oil to make the scrub not too flaky, but not too liquidy. This was the only part that didn't have an exact measurement.

After putting the sugar in a bowl and mixing the two oils in, I added 1TBSP. of pure vanilla extract and 4 TBSP. of sweetened cocoa powder. This gave the sugar scrub a wonderful chocolate/vanilla aroma, plus the cocoa added coloration.

I scooped the scrub into a small glass jar with lid, and voila! It was done!

It smelled wonderful! I tried it this morning just on my face. The granulation of the sugar is an excellent exfoliator, and the oils made my skin feel as soft and smooth as a baby's behind.

I'm going to be trying some other scents real soon! Can't wait!

0 comments:

Post a Comment