Wednesday, January 21, 2009

This is where the Magic Happens!

My father was a sign painter for over 50 years before retiring. He did everything from hand letting and hand painted pinstriping on vehicles, gold leaf on windows and sandblasted redwood signs, among hundreds of other styles. I worked for him throughout college and he taught me much about the business. My favorite of all time though, was doing the sandblasted signs.

I stumbled upon a seller at Art Fire yesterday, who does the most incredible sandblasted signs (almost as good as my dads - lol!) and I was taken back to the days fondly remembering when I worked for him.

The seller is lorienmalacek, also known as Words in Wood. Fantastic custom sandblasted signs, for any occasion. Weddings, home address, special events, new businesses, whatever the need, they can customize one just for you. Their prices are far more than reasonable too! So visit them at Art Fire and let them create a custom sign for you!



0 comments:

Post a Comment